Sunday, November 9, 2008
New additions....
So we went back to Ikea on Sat to exchange a few things and put a few more things in the dining room. The mirror is up, the Chandelier is up, we added another side board and a rug. Peter put a fresh coat of paint on the french doors and as far as he's concerned the room is done. I of course have a little fine tuning to do. Should I leave the lamps on the side board or is it too much? Is the side board going to have to be painted or can I get away with adding a nice runner on top? Decisions, decisions.......
Noah is sick. He's had a fever since yesterday so he's just veggin' out. It's never ending in my house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
The room looks great. I think that the little lamp on the buffet looks good, you probably don't need 2. I think once you get the table cloth for the table you will be able to decide whether or not to paint the buffet. I think it looks good the way it is, but I know you are undecided....Great Job on all the work Pete! I wish I had a house for you to flex your handyman muscle.
Great job to the both of you.
It looks great! I don't even think the buffet needs a lamp, actually, unless you need the extra light...maybe just a cool white vase...?
Thanks for all the input ladies!
Your dining room looks great Elise and Peter. Nice work on woodwork. Follow your instincts and what you love and will live with.
Elise I have also started a blog
http://bullblogging.blogspot.com
I love this room! I will tell you that I think I'm leaning towards the sideboard being painted. Not that I don't think you can't leave it as is but I would paint it cause the other wood items in the room (table and chairs)are such a lighter wood that it would look better. But I totally love the molding I would put it all over my room if I could!
love it love it love it! I like the lamps, but then again I love modd lighting :-)
Elise and Peter, everything looks STUNNING! I'll bet you can't wait to get stuff on the walls. Where did you get the dishes? They are beautiful!
FELIZ CUMPLEANOS, ABUELITA! Please give her my best wishes and let her know I'll see her at Christmas! Doesn't Ruben have a birthday this month, too?
Sorry to hear Noah isn't feeling well. Please give him an extra hug from my. For that matter, give both of them big hugs from me.
Post a Comment