Monday, November 3, 2008

Something new




Here is our new piece for the room. We had something else in mind but when we actually went to the store and saw it we were very disappointed. After going back and forth all over the store we ended up with this. It's really pretty but now he problem is the shades of white in the room. We might end up having to re-paint the molding to match. Oh well. I don't want the room to be too matchy but I don't want anything to clash either. I also found these cute lamp shades that I thought would go nice with the room. The chandelier we picked was way too big because our ceiling is low in that room so that's going back. The mirror we purchased a while ago was cracked and that paint was chipping off when we opened it so that's going back as well.
Sophia still isn't feeling great. Turns out she has pneumonia. It's not the contagious kind so she's on antibiotics and regular breathing treatments. Her cough sounds a little more rattely so I think everything is loosing up in there which is a good thing. Poor baby. What more can she go through? Her spirits are much better today.
I'm just trying to clean and get my house organized in time for our trip. I've been doing it slowly everyday as to not overwhelm myself. I put Sophia down for a nap and I think I'm going to do a little baking. I saw an interesting recipe for cranberry oatmeal bars in Cooking Light so I'll let ya know how they turn out.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

The hutch is beautiful! And so are the dishes! Where did you find them?
From the pictures I can't tell that the moulding and hutch finish don't match. I thought you were going with a Black or Coffee Bean color for the hutch, The white is stunning!

alexis said...

Yes, the dishes are beautiful! :P
It looks great! How nice to have a handy man!

Roubiceks said...

The dishes were a birthday gift from my lovely sister. We were at Dillards one day together and found them. They have yellow, orange and green tones that I also want to incorporate in the room.

mary catherine said...

i think it's okay they don't exactly match--those pictures look all martha stewart! gorgeous room!

hope sophie is better soon...

ellen said...

WOW WOW WOW, I love it! I'd like to know what the name of the paint is and who makes it :-)