Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trying Times...

Peter and I have been practicing being patient a whole lot lately. Our sweet Sophia has become a raging lunatic. She's fine one minute and the next the slightest thing sets her off and she's screaming bloody murder. It's funny how we block out certain stages like the terrible two's out of our heads so when the second child comes along it kinda catches us off guard. Today I sat and remembered Noah going through his two's and the type of fits he used to have. Sophia is definitely a tough cookie but her tantrums aren't too far from what Noah's used to be.

My daughter is two and I know that all two year olds go through this very trying stage. They all have their special spin on it but they all do it.

This too shall pass........

4 comments:

The Lowe Family said...

I don't know what you're talking about. Avery never has any fits, in fact I think she is as close to perfect as it gets. If you need me to come over and have Avery be the model of perfection that she is (to be an example for Sophie, of coarse) Call me!!


:) The beauty of this age, whether it be whining, screaming,hitting, etc. I think As you said this too should pass.

Carol said...

That little girl is an angel. What could you possibly be talking about?!

I remember being thankful when "2" was over until somebody told me 3 was way worse! And you know what? They were right! Ahhhhh parenting. Don't stress too much! This, too, shall pass.

Kathleen said...

I remember hearing my mother say, " God, help me and save me"
(closest she ever came to swearing)

I think she was praying, really, really loud. And I'm pretty sure there was always a 2 year old running around!

The Serenity Prayer is good at this time,too.

But, you couldn't POSSIBLY be talking about that sweet little Sophia!

Hang in there, this is just a test, this is just a test, this is just a test...

Kerri said...

Okay, wait I have to get in this conversation, I am pretty sure you must be exaggerating, because Parker is the one who screams bloody murder!:) Sophie, no way:)
I now understand the "Mommy,mommy,mommy......mommy when you are there and listening, but some how I have managed to tune out a whole lot!! Ommmmmm or Moooom, Breathe and on to the next episode!